Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sacrilege ?


Since the start of my building career , I have had ideas that have not been popular with some, if not a vast majority , of the frame building community.
I have always thought outside of the contemporary plane of thought whether it was painting miniatures , racing radio control trucks, showing horses, or the writing club I was in.
While it always seemed to me that whatever it is that you do, there is a " base canvas " that is the excepted norm. Once you start to deviate from that canvas, it can seem that you are no longer part of that norm. Take some types of music :
I have never said that I like punk rock music.But, it was informed to me years ago that Social Distortion IS punk music. I like Social Distortion, and I never really thought of them as punk rock. I just thought that they shredded . What is funny to me, is that people spend time arguing whether or not they ARE punk, I just like the music. I think that deep down that is the basis of all the bikes that come out of here:
different for each person. Made for their tastes, not the general public. One at a time, for that person to ride and enjoy, and for the masses to try and fit that bike in a genre ...
And now, maybe the point of the post, what do Disc brakes , fenders, Columbus Max tubing, a 73 mm bottom bracket shell, Motorhead, cards, Campagnolo 11 speed,a braze on front derailuer mount, crazy s bend stays have in common?
Well, Peacock Groove of course !

4 comments:

Gunnar Berg said...

Keep following the muse.

Noren said...

Thanks Gunnar. And, damn straight , but that Muse dances differently!!
noren

Trevor said...

73mm bb, disc brakes and campy 11... what kinda wheels is this going to use?!?! didnt know anyone made campy compatible disc wheels...

Noren said...

Wheels?
Think some dt swiss hubs and rims will do nicely...I can switch out the freehub body on the dt's...it will all be good....
erik