Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hug a friend ....

Yesterday was a day that I will not forget soon, I went to a funeral.
While that may not unusual , it was unique. It was for a unique person, Marlin Frans .
Who is Marlin Frans ? To sum up, I didn't know, I didn't know enough.
Marlin was the janitor/ security guy down at the Ivy building in which the Groove headquarters resides . Marlin kept the place clean, nice, and the work he did showed that he cared about the tenets here, and people in general.
When I went tot the funeral with my friend Bill, we were both a little surprised that there were that many people there. But, upon reflection of WHO Marlin was, I was surprised that there wasn't hundreds more....If you knew Marlin at all, then you would understand.Marlin touched many lives, and I will miss him considerably.
So please , do this for Marlin :
in the next month, if you are riding by the Ivy Builing ( on 26th by Skol Liquor )
stop, tip your hat, give a salute, just pay a little respect. He deserves it.
erik

No comments: